December 28, 2009

Noir

Oscar Wilde says..




the bald Billy Corgan used to intimidate me



love the costumes!
the beautiful Melissa Auf der Maur
♥♥











The year was 2000. Among the first videos why-I-want-to-do-art-instead-of-deadboringformulasofmathsandscience - THIS. Saw it, loved it. It's in noir, my fav colour. Noir - Black in French. Surprise surprise!It's not a Japanese thing again, you may say. As long as it's artsy fartsy/my cup of tea - ♥. The make up. the props. the illustration. the framing of the video made it even more interesting.

Directed by English W.I.Z, a tribute for Oscar Wilde's Salomé. Inspired by original Salomé art (by Aubrey Beardsley).Beardsley
is a known artist during the Art Nouveau era, his style is dark erotic grotesque - google will be your answer. Billy Corgan stated this, "Stand inside your Love" is the only true love song he's ever written. The main character of the video, Yelena Yemchuk used to date him. sigh. I always wanted to do art video like this.

No comments: