September 28, 2010

crimson lotus












I just feel like posting it after hearing sad news involving deaths, babies.I lost my father recently, but I never knew how would it feel to lose your own baby.Ignorant people would say the feelings would be the same, losing someone dear to you.But then again, when you carry a tiny you inside I'm pretty sure that would be a different feeling.The lyrics are moving & powerful indeed..I hope the translation would convey the meaning almost perfectly as in Japanese.

I'm sorry... after awhile, let me sleep by your name

The passing days drew us closer
The pain is matched with joy
Both hands reflect that
I cry when I think of you

there is a rain of sadness
it's fine just to remain unknown
I tremble for repose, i remembered
what do you want to see in this reeled in dream?

unchanging dreams, if this continues on
please don't pause in your happiness
even if it doesn't need to called out but
the drowning days are piling over me.

I don't want you to fade
let me hear, even a sigh
a small heartbeat, that isn't there
I want you, come here

Even the hands of salvation is also in vagueness
Will there be a cocoon at intervals of the second, without the string tearing off?

I want to hear, even a sigh
little rhythm to the sound of the heartbeat
of untouched prayers delivered.

the name which I cannot call out I held closely
counting with my fingers, I don't want tomorrow to disappear
hearing with blocked ears
the sound of a broken cradle

the spring time will never come again
the crimson lotus is in bloom

White would be death.The girl is embryo.Red room would be the mother's uterus.The girl was wearing red at the beginning, she begins to paint the room white.Eventually she stayed put behind the band members & wore white..meaning she's no longer alive.

At first I thought it contains anti-abortion message.Similar to Kyo, Ruki's lyrics are pretty deep.I'd say Kyo is a complex, complicated person while Ruki's deep & thoughtful.I have no idea when I saw the pv, not till I saw the translation & interpretation of the visual from the internet.I knew it is meant to convey a message but..a red room, a girl in red & white & white paint? Very thought provoking.This song is from the mother's point of view.How she longing to see her own child but no longer there.Some say it's how the mother gave up the child, and regretted doing so.I would choose the first interpretation.I don't doubt that not every mother in this world is capable of taking care of her own child.I should know better.

From the artistic point: The concept is great.Very nice bokeh.The desaturated colors added to the serene yet sorrowful atmosphere.

If you feel like hearing this song, the title is "Guren" by the Gazette.

No comments: